Aug 28, 2018
Ray Higdon had a high-paying, stable, comfortable corporate job,
but when the bosses pushed him to work extended hours and give up
his weekends, he had enough. He left the corporate world and got
into real estate, where he had quick success, at least until the
housing bubble popped. In a blink of an eye, he was seven figures
in debt and struggling to pay his bills.
In this episode of The A-Game Advantage Podcast, Elliot and Ray
discuss how Ray was able to get out of that hole and become one of
the biggest names in network marketing. Tune in to discover the
Mindsets that allowed Ray to enormous huge obstacles into
Time Stamped Show Notes...
- [1:40] - Ray shares his story
- [1:50] - Left high paying corporate job to get into real
- [2:35] - Did very well until the real estate crash. Ended up
$1,000,000 in debt.
- [2:50] - Got invited to a network marketing presentation,
joined, and ended up being the top earner in the company.
- [4:05] - Discussing the negative stigma of network
- [4:45] - Ray knew lots of people who had been successful in it,
so knew it was possible.
- [5:05] - This is the lowest risk, lowest overhead, way for an
average person to start a home business.
- [5:55] - Many people use it as a launch pad to start other
- [7:00] - The importance of Mindset in marketing and
- [7:10] - It’s the #1 trait. It doesn’t matter if you’re the
most skilled or have the best tactics, without Mindset, you won’t
- [8:30] - Why Ray hired Elliot even after achieving success and
earning lots of money.
- [9:45] - This biggest roadblock holding people back from
- [10:40] - Learning lessons from setbacks and obstacles.
- [11:15] - Why making more money is the best thing you can do
for the world.
- [13:30] - Self-sabotage and the fear of being successful
- [13:45] - “You’ll never become that which you despise.”
- [14:45] - The fear of putting your face out on social
- [17:45] - Advice for those dealing with financial struggles
[18:00] - The story of Felix Dennis
- [19:10] - Change your focus, change your direction.
- [20:05] - Book recommendations
- [23:05] - Fine-tuning your Mindset to take your success to the
- [25:45] - Being a coach doesn’t mean you have to be
- [26:50] - The ROI of investing in yourself
3 Key Points
- Mindset is everything. All the skill in the world is
meaningless if you have a poor mindset.
- There will always be obstacles. Learn to use them to take your
game to the next level, rather than trying to live an obstacle-free
- If you’re going through hard times, know that there is someone
out there who has gone through worse and turned it around.